Weekly Writing Challenge: Easy as Pie
This week’s WordPress Writing Challenge focuses on the use of metaphors and similes, so I thought I would take the challenge and tell you what I think about blogging and what WordPress means to me personally.
- WordPress is the doorway of the publishing castle and the scribe must enter in by nailing his theses to the door.
- The blogger is like a diver, standing on tiptoe, poised perfectly waiting to dazzle and amaze. WordPress, the diving board, provides spring and position.
- The blogger, no longer a wall-flower, is like a vine that grows as long as a country mile bearing fruit as sweet as honey.
- WordPress, like a conductor, directs the poet and photographer and writer and mother allowing their chosen instruments to blend harmoniously like wind in the willows on a wintry pond.
- And, Freshly Pressed is like a key that unlocks the door . . .
So, are you brave enough to take the challenge? O, Scribe, take the key, become the vine . . . the fruit is ripe for the picking!
–by: Delana H. Stewart
This entry was posted on October 1, 2012 by Delana. It was filed under Blogging, Writing and was tagged with blogging, blogs, DPChallenge, metaphors and similes, Postaday, Weekly Writing Challenge, Wordpress, writing.